Home screen game icon
For a faster approach to user’s favourite games our Android app provides a feature to create an app icon on user’s device home screen.
This icon can be created by a number of different ways:
- if a user plays your game for a decent amount of time we suggest him to create an icon automatically;
- user can create an icon by himself using a special button available in game’s WebView header menu;
- you can show a suggest screen by using a specific SDK method.
To make a suggest menu appear you need to use OKApp.suggestDesktopIcon().
Since this method is not available on old app versions it is highly recommended to check if method is available first.
Please keep in mind that this is a void-method at the moment. It won’t return any result and it does not require a callback function to be passed.
Menu display conditions
For a menu to be displayed following conditions must be met:
- menu was not shown to a user in a current game session by any way possible (listed above);
- user did not create a home screen icon for your game yet.
If both conditions are met menu will be shown after you’ve called this method. You can’t show this menu twice in a row in a same game session. If user has declined to create an icon you can’t show it again, too.