POST graph.user.subscribe ✎ Edit on GitHub
Subscribe to be notified about new chat events
Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8 header should be specified for all Graph API POST requests
Processing API requests
Messages about all new chat events will be sent to every Webhook registered by this method.
Messages about this events are sent to Webhook:
- chat state updates (new icon or title);
- new chat messages (except messages by Webhook / access_token owner);
- new chat participant’s actions (user was added or removed from chat, user has left chat)
If a message contains image, video or any other attachment, Webhook message will have it too.
Requests can come from following IP-addresses:
Two types of subscriptions are available:
- webhook subscription. All new chat events are sent to an URL specified in a subscription;
- long polling subscription. All new chat events are acquired with GET graph.user.updates method.
Long polling subscription
You can specify types of events that are going to be registered for a subscription:
- MESSAGE_CREATED - new message in chat;
- MESSAGE_CALLBACK - callback button was pressed by a user;
- CHAT_SYSTEM - system message.
Webhook messages are sent as a HTTP-POST request in a JSON format.
On each such request Webhook should give a 200 HTTP status code response within 5 seconds. If it fails to respond with a correct answer, API will try to send a message again. If Webhook did not respond in 8 hours, it could be removed from subscriptions list.
Webhook message examples
Webhook messages should be same as messages that are being sent by method me/message/post
Plain text message example:
Message with an attachment example: