Method is used to ask users if they want to join a group that is linked to your game.
Method also enables group messages automatically if user has agreed to join to a group. If he already was in a group but messages were disabled for him, method enables group messages after user has accepted them to be enabled.
We recommend to check user’s status before calling this method:
- to check if user is already a group member use group.getUserGroupsV2 method;
- to check if user has already enabled group messages use group.isMessagesAllowed method.
Also make sure your group matches following conditions:
- group is public (can be set in it’s settings);
- group should not have age restrictions (can be set in it’s settings);
- group must be linked to your game (can be set in app’s settings)
- if you plan to use group messages - they must be enabled in group’s settings (more about group messages)
As a result a client callback function will be called. All essential data will be passed to it.
Callback for a successful method call
Callback in case of an error / method cancellation
If an error occurred it’s code will be passed in a data field of a client callback:
- cancel - user did not accept to join;
- already.member - user is already a member of a group;
- group.access.denied - group is not linked to a game;
- common.finder - specified group was not found.